Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I play at Waterville Golf Links?
- What are your House rates and green fees?
- When should I book to insure availability?
- What is the weather like during the season?
- What is the appropriate attire and type of spikes?
- What are the services you provide and their fees?
- How do I reserve a caddie or golf cart?
- What other courses can I play within the Waterville area?
- What restaurants and other attractions are in the Waterville area?
- How do I get to Waterville from Shannon Airport?
1. Q: How can I play at Waterville Golf Links?
A: All guests of Waterville House have priority access to the Links as special tee times have been set aside. Tee times may also be arranged through a Golf Tour Operator as part of your Ireland package. In addition you may call, fax or email the Links administrative office in Ireland. For reservation information call direct telephone number from US 011-353-66-947-4102,
fax number 011-353-66-947-4482, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soft spikes are encouraged but not mandatory.
8) Q: What other courses can I play within the Waterville area?
A: The South West of Ireland is home to some of the worlds greatest golf i.e. Tralee, Killarney, Ballybunion, Kenmare, Ring of Kerry, Dooks, Old Head of Kinsale and Skelligs Bay.
9) Q: What restaurants and other attractions are in the Waterville area?
A: Waterville offers stunning views along its Atlantic coast and bursts with historical sights and stories. Other than golf there are plenty of outdoor sports, wonderful restaurants, pubs, shops and interesting attractions. The beauty and tranquility of Waterville has attracted notable artists and artisans. Their work can be seen at the local Craft Market.
- Depart Shannon Airport along the N19 and follow the signs to the N18 (North) and Limerick.
- At Limerick follow the signs for N20 and Killarney. Keep going along the N20 until you come to the N21 signposted for Tralee.
- After a couple of miles take the 2nd exit for Adare, go thru the village and follow the signs for Killarney and the N21, go thru Abbeyfeale and Castleisland and you will go past Kerry County Airport (on left).
- You will approach a junction with the N22, turn left and at the crossroads for Farranfore turn right on the R561 signposted Killorglin.
- From Killorglin follow the signs for Glenbeigh and Cahirciveen. Continue onto Cahirsiveen and follow signs for N70 to Waterville.
- You will come to New Chapel Cross, at the church turn right signposted Ring of Kerry and continue on until you see a sign for Waterville Golf Links.
- From Killarney follow N72, turn left at junction in Killorglin, follow N70 to Waterville.
- Follow N70 (signs for Killorglin), turn right at junction in Killorglin, continue N70 to Waterville.
Average Driving Times
- Shannon Airport - Waterville - 3 hours
- Killarney - Watervile - 1.5 hours
- Tralee - Waterville - 1.5 hours
- Kinsale - Waterville - 3 hours
- Ballybunion - Waterville - 2 hours
These are the times we suggest for your journey to allow for comfortable arrival in time for your round of golf.